body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backyellow.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Monday, April 6, 2009

What long weekend?

The best laid plans always fall by the wayside on a three day weekend - which comes around about every four weeks for me. I seem to get more out of a day or two off than the much anticipated long weekend, purely because there are none of the great expectations attached to normal non-working time. String more than two days together, or, God forbid, a whole vacation, and the pressure to accomplish monumental tasks weighs very heavily, and, consequently, nothing gets accomplished.
This weekend was no exception, except, of course, for creating my blog.
I pulled myself away from my computer long enough on Sunday to shop for birthday and Easter gifts (Martha Stewart's new craft book for my aunt and my cousin, the new Diana Krall CD, and bath and body products), to attend a milestone birthday party for a friend, to go to church, and to visit a new coffee shop with my mother and my husband. I was back online last night and today after completing lots of paperwork, and, at the end of a long, bleak day of feeling very unwell, I am finally completing my second post. I have perused some truly beautiful and creative sites this weekend, so I can only hope that I learn more and more as I enter into this exciting adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I work in the beauty industry where everyday my goal is to bring a little of that outer beauty to my clients, as well as to help them find the inner beauty that is in all of us.